Equal Employment Opportunity Commision Representation
FELSC specializes in representing federal employees before the EEOC. We assist employees during EEO Counseling, filing of the formal EEO Complaint, the EEO Investigation, EEOC Hearings, and EEOC appeals. Although it is ideal to hire an attorney early on in the EEO process, the fact that you already have a hearing scheduled will not necessary preclude us from representing you.
The statutes enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) make it illegal to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age.
Discrimination is illegal with respect to:
- Hiring and firing.
- Compensation, assignment, or classification of employees.
- Transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall.
- Job advertisements.
- Use of facilities.
- Training and apprenticeship programs.
- Fringe benefits.
- Pay, retirement plans, and disability leave.
- Other terms and conditions of employment.
The EEOC also prohibits:
- Harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age.
- Retaliation against an individual for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices.
- Employment decisions based on stereotypes or assumptions about the abilities, traits, or performance of individuals of a certain sex, race, age, religion, or ethnic group, or individuals with disabilities.
- Denying employment opportunities to a person because of marriage to, or association with, an individual of a particular race, religion, national origin, or an individual with a disability.
- Discrimination because of participation in schools or places of worship associated with a particular racial, ethnic, or religious group.
At FELSC, we have extensive experience in representing federal employees in various federal agencies with:
- EEO investigations: We will help you make timely contact with an EEO counselor and will help you file a formal complaint. We will also represent you at mediation if you choose to mediate your claim.
- EEOC hearings: If you elect to pursue a hearing in front of an Administrative Judge, we will represent you in front of the judge.
Litigation in courts:
Should the EEOC process not work for you, we can represent you in an appeal in another forum. FELSC’s policy is to seek full and effective relief for each and every victim of discrimination.
The remedies may include:
- Posting a notice to all employees advising them of their rights under the laws EEOC enforces and their right to be free from retaliation.
- Corrective or preventive actions taken to cure or correct the source of the identified discrimination.
- Nondiscriminatory placement in the position the victim would have occupied if the discrimination had not occurred.
- Compensatory damages.
- Back pay (with interest if applicable) and lost benefits.
- Reimbursement of attorney fees.
- Stopping the specific discriminatory practices involved.
If you seek legal representation or advice on a specific federal sector topic, please contact us online or call our office at 1-800-964-8343.
For faster service, please click "Contact Us" and complete our online form. We respond to online inquiries within 24 hours. Please include detailed information in your submission and state whether you have a pending case.
See our "Recent Case Accomplishments."